Bellsouth Email Support – Considering an essential part of the personal and professional font, emails have become the source of advertisement, to share important information, or communication etc. On the other hand, it undoubtedly will trouble anyone who experiences any error with his or her email. In case of Mac users, it becomes a bit more complex to solve the error as they have different settings. If you are one among then and facing Bellsouth email error, you can directly connect to experts for right instructions by calling on Bellsouth Toll-Free number. One of the most common errors that a Mac user experience is the disability of outgoing mail; that is when outgoing emails stop working outlook 2011 for Mac. You can also resolve the error by executing steps to resolve it.
Before you start to perform any troubleshooting step, please check your outlook settings and ensure that you have not enabled access to any mail. Allow permission to mails and if the problem still occurs, refer to the steps below.
Steps to fix Bellsouth Authentication error on Mac:
User Information section:
- Launch Bellsouth Email on your desktop and login to your account using the details associated with your account
- Once you get prompted, enter your full AT&T or Bellsouth email address if asked and if you are setting up your account for the Bellsouth Email Alias, type in the alias email address in the area
Server Information section:
- After launching and logging in to your Bellsouth email account select ‘Account type’
- In the section of Account Type Field, check whether POP3 is being displayed or not. If not, then enable POP3 mail
- Visit Incoming mail server/ POP3 OR IMAP server section and type inbound.att.net in the field
- Next, go to the SMTP or Outgoing Mail Server section and type att.net field
Login Information Section:
- Enter your full email address and password in their respective fields are recheck details before submitting
- If you are setting up your account for Bellsouth Email Alias, enter your full email address of Primary or the subordinate account linked with email alias and then submit the details. Make sure you don’t enter the email alias address in the field
- While directing to the next page, you will see a dialogue box ‘Remember password’, make the checkbox to avoid entering your Bellsouth login details every time you want to view or make changes to your profile
- After signing to your account, go to setting > More settings
- Go to Outgoing Server tab in your Bellsouth email account
- Do the following once directed to the next page:
- Verify the settings and enable POP3 mail
- Select and mark the checkbox of ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’; save the change
- Select ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ if it was not selected before and save the change
- If you do not find any of the options, of encounter any complexity performing the step, call on Bellsouth Toll-Free Number.
- Now, go to Internet Email settings in your Mac and from the upper section options, select ‘Advanced’ tab
- In the section below, check and do the changes:
- In the Incoming Server (POP3)- enter 955 in the box and select the option of ‘This server requires a secure connection (SSL) is selected.’
- In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) available right below the one mentioned above, type 465 in the field choose SSL in the field of ‘This server requires a secure connection’
After performing all the changes, ensure to save before closing the Internet E-mail setting window. Check for your Bellsouth Emil to diagnose whether the issue is fixed or not. Connect to Bellsouth Support Number if the problem still occurs or there is another problem related to the account. Call on Bellsouth Toll-free Number to resolve any error related to your Bellsouth account.